PropertyLoop is a rapidly growing technology business with the vision, resources, and team to become a global player in the property rental sector. Since launching our platform, we are receiving fantastic growth in inventory and customer numbers; we've been overwhelmed by the amazing feedback so far and our ambition is to build the best platform in the world for property transactions and to expand our initially UK-based business into other countries.
We have an amazing technology team (20+ and growing quickly) developing our platform and we are looking for Senior Full-stack Engineers (MERN) to help us in the next stage of our journey which includes mobile, scaling, containerisation, and feature innovation.
Our current technologies include Azure, Node.js, React, Redux, Firebase & Typescript; we will build out our future stack from these (not immutable) core foundations, so in-depth experience and knowledge of all these technologies is a pre-requisite.
- Must have hands-on commercial experience with git, React, Node.js, TypeScript, Prisma (ORM), NestJS, MySQL, Docker, Azure, Technical design, Team management and mentoring
- Nice to have: Terraform/Pulumi and Flutter
- 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Full Stack Engineer or Technical Lead on product(s) with 1 million+ users across web and mobile applications
- Experience with: Gatsby/Next.js, GraphQL, Apollo
- An exceptional understanding of secure and scalable application development, including the full lifecycle of API microservices services, including authentication, API gateways and versioning
- Experience managing a team
- Strong enthusiasm for technology, you enjoy developing code in your own time and are up to date with current tools and best practices around development, DevOps, and software management
- Detailed, hands-on knowledge of CI/CD pipelines to automate builds and quality checks – ideally using Azure DevOps
- An understanding of the necessity for accurate and up-to-date documentation for all processes and code repositories
- Strong analytical skills to be able to break down complex problems into smaller atomic units of work and lead the planning and development of applications and features
- Experience in designing secure and scalable web applications with appropriate unit test coverage
- Experience mentoring team members and providing technical guidance
- Conduct and participate in project planning & scheduling, design discussions, and provide assistance and prompt resolutions of issues during testing
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases
- Experience in using Docker to containerise applications and microservices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust your style and content to suit audiences at all levels, translating between technical and non-technical audiences; as necessary
- Team management (Oversight of the squad leads, task management and up-skilling)
- Creation of High-Level Designs for new features and architectural changes
- Hands-on development and code reviews and implementation of processes and strategies for delivering high-quality features whilst continually reducing technical debt
- Effectively communicating with the Product Owner and BA to fully understand the requirements for the features
- Inspiring other members of the development team with your knowledge and passion for technology
- Guide and mentor within the team and provide feedback to the line managers around performance and reviews
- Experience in Ionic or similar hybrid mobile application development and release management
- Experience with Azure cloud native solutions, including Web Apps, Functions, Container Instances, Kubernetes, Managed Databases, CosmosDB, API Management
- Experience in creating and deploying Azure infrastructure using the Azure CLI or Azure Portal
Frequently Asked Questions
I just submitted my application, what can I expect?
We aim to respond to everyone within 3-4 weeks. At that time, we’ll let you know if we’d like to speak with you, need more information, or if your application isn’t a fit for what we’re looking for at that time.
What is the interview process like at PropertyLoop?
Just like working here, the interview process is both rigorous and fun! Depending on the position, it may involve taking a test, making a video, or joining us for an event. Once the interview process has begun, we make it a priority for candidates to meet with multiple individuals on the current team. It’s important to us that you and the team have every opportunity to ask the questions needed to ensure the position is right for you.
I have all of the qualifications listed, but I wasn’t offered an interview. Why?
We wish that we could speak with every candidate, but the number of highly qualified applicants who want to join PropertyLoop for a role is often too high to allow for it. We personally review thousands of applications each month!