STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Welling area guide
Welling is a vibrant and bustling area located in South East London, within the London Borough of Bexley.
With its rich history, excellent amenities, and strong sense of community, Welling has something to offer for everyone, whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Welling, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Welling
Welling has a long and fascinating history that dates back to the Roman times. The area was originally a small rural settlement, but it rapidly developed into a bustling suburb following the arrival of the railway in the 19th century.
During the 20th century, Welling continued to grow, attracting residents and retailers alike.
Today, Welling is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Welling
Welling has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Eastcote Primary School, Hook Lane Primary School, and St. Stephen's Catholic Primary School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Welling School, Harris Academy Falconwood, and Bexley Grammar School.
For those looking for higher education, Welling is in close proximity to several universities and colleges, including the University of Greenwich and London South East Colleges.
Amenities in Welling
Welling has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors. There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Danson Park, Welling Recreation Ground, and East Wickham Open Space, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Welling is also known for its independent shops and restaurants, including the popular Welling High Street and Upper Wickham Lane.
Crime and safety in Welling
Welling is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and letting property in Welling
Welling is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £900 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,200 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £1,500 to £2,500 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Welling, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to do in Welling
Welling has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Danson Park: Danson Park is a beautiful park located in Welling, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, sports facilities, a boating lake, and a café. It's the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful afternoon.
- Welling Library: Welling Library is a modern and well-equipped library, located in Welling. The library offers a range of services, including book loans, computer access, and events, making it an important part of the local community.
- Bexleyheath Golf Club: Bexleyheath Golf Club is a popular and challenging golf course, located in Welling. The course offers a range of facilities, including a clubhouse, a pro shop, and a restaurant, making it a popular destination for golf enthusiasts.
- East Wickham Open Space: East Wickham Open Space is a popular and peaceful green space, located in Welling. The open space features several walking trails, picnic areas, and a diverse range of wildlife, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Welling Festival: The Welling Festival is an annual event that celebrates the diverse culture and community of Welling. The festival features live music, food stalls, and family-friendly activities, making it a popular event for locals and visitors alike.
Welling is an attractive and thriving area in South East London, offering a range of amenities, educational institutions, and leisure activities for homeowners, tenants, and visitors.
With its rich history, strong sense of community, and excellent facilities, Welling is an ideal place to live, work, or visit.
Is Welling London a nice place to live?
Living in Welling London can be a pleasant experience for some people, offering a mix of urban and suburban areas, good transport links, and a variety of shops and restaurants.
Is Welling in Kent or London?
Welling is a town located in the London Borough of Bexley, which is in Greater London. It is not in Kent.
How many people live in Welling?
According to the latest estimates, the population of Welling is around 42,000 people.
What zone is Welling London?
Welling is located in Zone 4 of the London transport system.