STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Edgware area guide
Edgware is a charming suburban area located in the London Borough of Barnet, in North London. It is a vibrant and diverse community, with a mix of residential and commercial areas.
Whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor, Edgware has something to offer for everyone.
In this guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Edgware, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Edgware
Edgware has a rich and varied history that dates back to the Roman times. The area was originally a small settlement, but it gradually developed into a residential district in the 19th century.
During the 20th century, Edgware became a popular area, attracting residents and retailers alike.
Today, Edgware is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Edgware
Edgware has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Canons High School and Deansbrook Junior School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Edgware Academy and St James Catholic High School. For those looking for higher education, Edgware has several universities and colleges, including Middlesex University and Barnet and Southgate College.
Amenities in Edgware
Edgware has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors. There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Canons Park and Edgwarebury Park, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Edgware is also known for its independent shops and restaurants, including the popular The Broadwalk Centre. There are also several shops and supermarkets in the area, including Tesco and Sainsbury's supermarkets.
Crime and safety in Edgware
Edgware is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and letting property in Edgware
Edgware is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £1,200 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,800 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £2,500 to £5,000 per month. If you're looking to let a property in Edgware, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to do in Edgware
Edgware has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Canons Park: This beautiful park is located in Edgware and provides a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. It has a lake, a playground, and plenty of walking trails.
- Royal Air Force Museum London: The Royal Air Force Museum London is a museum dedicated to the history of aviation. It has a large collection of aircraft, including some of the most famous planes from World War II.
- The Broadwalk Centre: This large indoor shopping centre is located in Edgware and offers a range of high-street shops and restaurants. It's the perfect place to shop and dine in Edgware.
- Burnt Oak Leisure Centre: The Burnt Oak Leisure Centre is a state-of-the-art sports facility, with a swimming pool, a gym, and a range of fitness classes. It's the perfect place to stay fit and healthy in Edgware.
- Stoneyfields Park: Stoneyfields Park is a small but beautiful park in Edgware, with a playground and plenty of green space. It's the perfect place for a picnic or a game of football.
- Edgwarebury Park: Edgwarebury Park is a large park in Edgware, with a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. It has a lake, a playground, and plenty of walking trails.
- The Hive Stadium: The Hive Stadium is a football stadium in Edgware, home to Barnet Football Club. It's the perfect place to watch a game of football and support your local team.
Edgware is a charming and historic area in North London, with a rich history and a range of activities and attractions for residents and visitors. Whether you are looking for a place to live, work, or visit, Edgware has something to offer for everyone.
Is Edgware London a good place to live?
Edgware is generally considered a good place to live in London, with a mix of residential areas, green spaces, and good transport links. It has a diverse community and a range of amenities.
What is Edgware known for?
Edgware is known for its bustling high street, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
It is also home to the Royal Air Force Museum, which showcases the history of aviation.
Which London Borough is Edgware in?
Edgware is located in the London Borough of Barnet.
What county is Edgware?
Edgware is in Greater London, which is not a county in itself but is often considered to be part of the historic county of Middlesex.
What is the poshest part of London to live?
The poshest part of London to live in is subjective and dependent on personal preferences. Areas such as Mayfair, Knightsbridge, and Chelsea are often associated with wealth and luxury.