STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Belgravia area guide
Belgravia is an affluent residential area located in the City of Westminster, in Central London.
It is known for its elegant Georgian architecture, high-end boutiques, and exclusive restaurants. Whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor, Belgravia has something to offer for everyone.
In this guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Belgravia, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Belgravia
Belgravia has a rich and varied history that dates back to the early 19th century. The area was originally a swampy marshland, but it was drained and developed into an exclusive residential district by the Grosvenor family.
During the 19th century, Belgravia became a fashionable area, attracting wealthy residents and aristocrats.
Today, Belgravia is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Belgravia
Belgravia has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Garden House School and Eaton House Belgravia.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Westminster City School and St George's School.
For those looking for higher education, Belgravia has several universities and colleges, including the Royal College of Art and Imperial College London.
Amenities in Belgravia
Belgravia has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors.
There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Belgrave Square Garden and Eaton Square Gardens, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Belgravia is also known for its exclusive boutiques and high-end restaurants, including the Michelin-starred restaurant, Amaya. There are also several shops and supermarkets in the area, including the popular Waitrose supermarket.
Crime and safety in Belgravia
Belgravia is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
Renting and letting property in Belgravia
Belgravia is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles.
The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £2,500 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £4,500 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £10,000 to £30,000 per month.
Things to do in Belgravia
Belgravia has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Belgrave Square Garden: This beautiful garden is located in the heart of Belgravia and provides a peaceful and serene environment for visitors.
- Eaton Square Gardens: This large garden is located in the heart of Belgravia and provides opportunities for outdoor activities such as picnicking and sunbathing.
- Sloane Street: This exclusive shopping street is located in Belgravia and offers a range of high-end boutiques and designer stores, including Gucci and Prada.
- Belgravia Gallery: This popular art gallery is located in Belgravia and provides a range of exhibitions and collections, including works by contemporary artists.
- The Grenadier: This historic pub is located in Belgravia and provides a traditional English pub experience, with a range of drinks and pub food.
- Eaton Square Concerts: This popular concert series is held annually in Belgravia and attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Buckingham Palace: This iconic royal palace is located nearby in Westminster and provides opportunities for visitors to see the Changing of the Guard ceremony and explore the State Rooms.
In conclusion, Belgravia is an exclusive and prestigious area in Central London, with a rich history and a range of activities and attractions for residents and visitors.
Whether you are looking for a place to live, work, or visit, Belgravia has something to offer for everyone.
Is Belgravia a posh area London?
Belgravia is considered a posh area in London, known for its grand architecture and affluent residents.
It is one of the most exclusive and expensive neighborhoods in the city, home to many luxury shops, gourmet restaurants, and high-end real estate.
The area is known for its large 19th-century houses, garden squares, and high-end boutiques.
Which celebrities live in Belgravia?
Several celebrities have lived in Belgravia, including Roman Abramovich, Andrew Lloyd Webber, and Margaret Thatcher.
Which part of London is Belgravia in?
Belgravia is located in the City of Westminster, in central London.
It is bordered by Knightsbridge to the north, Pimlico to the south, Hyde Park Corner to the east, and Sloane Street to the west.
Is Belgravia the most expensive?
While Belgravia is certainly one of the most expensive areas in London, it is not necessarily the most expensive.
Other neighborhoods such as Knightsbridge and Mayfair are also known for their high property prices.