STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Hayes area guide
Hayes is a suburban area located in West London, within the London Borough of Hillingdon. Known for its strong sense of community, excellent transport links, and rich history, Hayes has much to offer homeowners, tenants, and visitors alike.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Hayes, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Hayes
Hayes has a long and fascinating history that dates back to the Anglo-Saxon period. The area was originally a small rural settlement, which developed into a thriving industrial centre during the 19th and 20th centuries. Hayes was home to several notable companies, including EMI and Nestle, which contributed to the area's growth and prosperity.
Today, Hayes is a bustling suburban area, with a diverse range of residential properties, retail outlets, and leisure facilities.
Education in Hayes
Hayes offers a range of educational institutions catering to students of all ages. The area is home to several primary schools, including Hayes Park School, Dr Triplett's Church of England Primary School, and Grange Park Infant and Nursery School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, such as The Global Academy, Barnhill Community High School, and Rosedale College.
For those seeking higher education, Hayes is within easy reach of several universities and colleges, including Brunel University London and Uxbridge College.
Amenities in Hayes
Hayes boasts a range of amenities catering to the needs of residents and visitors. The area is home to several parks and green spaces, including Barra Hall Park, Minet Country Park, and Lake Farm Country Park, providing opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Hayes is also known for its bustling high street, which offers a diverse range of shops, restaurants, and bars.
Crime and Safety in Hayes
Hayes is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the London average. However, as with any urban area, some neighbourhoods may be more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to be cautious and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away. The local police force, the Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and Letting Property in Hayes
Hayes offers a diverse range of properties to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £1,000 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,200 per month. Houses are also available for rent, with prices ranging from £1,400 to £2,000 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Hayes, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to Do in Hayes
Hayes has a range of activities and attractions catering to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Barra Hall Park: Barra Hall Park is a beautiful and well-maintained park, located in the heart of Hayes. The park features a playground, sports facilities, and a stunning Grade II listed building, Barra Hall, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
- Minet Country Park: Minet Country Park is a picturesque nature reserve, located in Hayes. The park offers a range of walking trails, wildlife spotting opportunities, and stunning views of the surrounding countryside, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Beck Theatre: The Beck Theatre is a popular and well-regarded theatre, located in Hayes. The theatre hosts a diverse range of performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts, providing an excellent opportunity for visitors to experience the vibrant culture of Hayes.
- The Old Vinyl Factory: The Old Vinyl Factory is a historic site, located in Hayes. Once the home of EMI Records, the site has been transformed into a bustling mixed-use development, featuring offices, retail outlets, and leisure facilities. The Old Vinyl Factory is a testament to the area's rich industrial history and is a fascinating destination for history enthusiasts.
- Lake Farm Country Park: Lake Farm Country Park is a beautiful park and nature reserve, located in Hayes. The park offers a range of walking trails, sports facilities, and a diverse range of wildlife, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre: The Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre is a popular and well-equipped sports facility, located in Hayes. The centre offers a range of activities, including swimming, gym facilities, and fitness classes, making it a popular destination for sports enthusiasts and those looking to keep fit.
Hayes is a thriving and diverse area in West London, offering a range of amenities, educational institutions, and leisure activities for homeowners, tenants, and visitors. With its rich history, strong sense of community, and excellent facilities, Hayes is an ideal place to live, work, or visit.
Is Hayes a good area in London?
Hayes is a good area in London known for its vibrant community, variety of amenities, and affordable housing. With excellent transport links to central London and ongoing redevelopment projects, it offers a desirable balance between urban and suburban living.
Is Hayes a good neighborhood?
Hayes boasts an impressive neighborhood, with a mix of shopping centers, restaurants, and schools. Its strong community atmosphere and well-connected transport makes it an excellent choice for families and professionals alike.
What side of London is Hayes?
Hayes is situated on the western side of London within the London Borough of Hillingdon, providing easy access to Heathrow Airport and central London.
What is Hayes UK known for?
Hayes, UK is famous for its strong industrial history and as the location for several multinational corporations' headquarters. Its rich history and proximity to Heathrow Airport make it a popular choice for people working in the aviation industry.
Is Hayes in London a nice place to live?
Living in Hayes offers a pleasant experience due to its comfortable housing options, great transport links, and excellent local facilities. The ongoing regeneration projects bring increased amenities and added charm to the area.
What kind of area is Hayes?
Hayes is characterized as an urban-suburban area, with a diverse community and excellent transport connections. It caters to the needs of both families and working professionals, resulting in a vibrant atmosphere.
What region is Hayes in?
Hayes is part of the London Borough of Hillingdon, situated in the Greater London region. Its location on London's western side allows for easy access to central London and surrounding areas.