STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Golders Green area guide
Golders Green is a vibrant and diverse area located in the London Borough of Barnet, in North London.
With its rich history, excellent amenities, and strong sense of community, Golders Green has something to offer for everyone, whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Golders Green, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Golders Green
Golders Green has a long and fascinating history that dates back to the early 20th century. The area was originally a small rural hamlet, but it rapidly developed into a bustling suburb following the arrival of the London Underground in 1907.
During the 20th century, Golders Green became a popular area, attracting residents and retailers alike.
Today, Golders Green is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Golders Green
Golders Green has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Menorah Primary School and Garden Suburb Junior School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Henrietta Barnett School and Golders Hill School.
For those looking for higher education, Golders Green has several universities and colleges, including Middlesex University and Barnet and Southgate College.
Amenities in Golders Green
Golders Green has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors. There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Golders Hill Park and Childs Hill Park, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Golders Green is also known for its independent shops and restaurants, including the popular Golders Green Road and Temple Fortune Parade.
Crime and safety in Golders Green
Golders Green is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and letting property in Golders Green
Golders Green is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £1,300 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,900 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £2,500 to £5,000 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Golders Green, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to do in Golders Green
Golders Green has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Golders Hill Park: Golders Hill Park is a beautiful park located in Golders Green, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a butterfly house, a deer enclosure, a playground, and a café. It's the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful afternoon.
- Hampstead Heath Extension: The Hampstead Heath Extension is a large green space adjacent to Golders Green, providing additional opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
- Lido Park Playground: The Lido Park Playground is a popular play area for children, located within Golders Hill Park. The playground features a range of equipment, including swings, slides, and climbing frames, making it a fun and engaging space for children of all ages.
- The Heath Walks: The Heath Walks are a series of walking trails that run through Golders Hill Park and Hampstead Heath Extension. The trails offer a range of difficulty levels, making them suitable for walkers of all abilities.
- Golders Green Synagogue: Golders Green Synagogue is a beautiful and historic synagogue, located in the heart of Golders Green. The synagogue is open to the public and offers a range of services and events throughout the year.
- The Bull and Bush: The Bull and Bush is a popular and historic pub, located in Golders Green. The pub offers a range of drinks and traditional pub food, making it a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
- Princes Park: Princes Park is a small but beautiful park in Golders Green, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, a basketball court, and several walking trails.
Golders Green is a charming and diverse area in North London, with a rich history and a range of activities and attractions for residents and visitors.
Whether you are looking for a place to live, work, or visit, Golders Green has something to offer for everyone.
Is Golders Green a nice area?
Golders Green is a nice area, known for its beautiful suburban setting, green spaces, and excellent schools, making it popular with families.
Is Golders Green an expensive area?
Golders Green can be considered an expensive area, with rental prices ranging from £1,096 for a one-bedroom flat.
Which part of London is Golders Green?
Golders Green is located in the London Borough of Barnet, in the north-west part of London.
Which zone is Golders Green Station?
Golders Green Station is in Zone 3 of London's transport network.
What is the crime rate in Golders Green London?
Golders Green is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average.
However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
What is Golders Green famous for?
Golders Green is famous for its diverse community, commercial crossroads, and the Golders Green Hippodrome, a historic entertainment venue.