STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Bexleyheath area guide
Bexleyheath is a vibrant and bustling area located in South East London, within the London Borough of Bexley.
With its rich history, excellent amenities, and strong sense of community, Bexleyheath has something to offer for everyone, whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Bexleyheath, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath has a long and fascinating history that dates back to the Roman times. The area was originally a small rural settlement, but it rapidly developed into a bustling suburb following the arrival of the railway in the 19th century.
During the 20th century, Bexleyheath continued to grow, attracting residents and retailers alike.
Today, Bexleyheath is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Bexleyheath Primary School, Upton Primary School, and Pelham Primary School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Bexleyheath Academy, Townley Grammar School, and St. Columba's Catholic Boys' School.
For those looking for higher education, Bexleyheath is in close proximity to several universities and colleges, including the University of Greenwich and London South East Colleges.
Amenities in Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors. There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Danson Park, Barnehurst Golf Course, and Bexleyheath Recreation Ground, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Bexleyheath is also known for its independent shops and restaurants, including the popular Bexleyheath Broadway and Market Place.
Crime and safety in Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and letting property in Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £900 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,200 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £1,500 to £2,500 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Bexleyheath, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to do in Bexleyheath
Bexleyheath has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Danson Park: Danson Park is a beautiful park located in Bexleyheath, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, sports facilities, a boating lake, and a café. It's the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful afternoon.
- Bexleyheath Broadway: Bexleyheath Broadway is a popular shopping destination, located in the heart of Bexleyheath. The shopping centre offers a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a popular destination for shoppers and visitors alike.
- Barnehurst Golf Course: Barnehurst Golf Course is a popular and challenging golf course, located in Bexleyheath. The course offers a range of facilities, including a clubhouse, a pro shop, and a restaurant, making it a popular destination for golf enthusiasts.
- The Red House: The Red House is a fascinating historical site located in Bexleyheath, once home to the famous artist and designer William Morris. Visitors can explore the house, learn about its history, and enjoy the beautiful gardens.
- The Bexleyheath Community Centre: The Bexleyheath Community Centre is a popular and friendly community hub, located in Bexleyheath. The centre offers a range of facilities, including a hall, a café, and a range of classes and activities, making it a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
- The Bexleyheath Festival: The Bexleyheath Festival is an annual event that celebrates the diverse culture and community of Bexleyheath. The festival features live music, food stalls, and family-friendly activities, making it a popular event for locals and visitors alike.
Bexleyheath is an attractive and thriving area in South East London, offering a range of amenities, educational institutions, and leisure activities for homeowners, tenants, and visitors.
With its rich history, strong sense of community, and excellent facilities, Bexleyheath is an ideal place to live, work, or visit.
Is Bexleyheath in Kent or London?
Bexleyheath is a town in the London Borough of Bexley, which is located in Greater London. It is situated in the historic county of Kent.
Is Bexleyheath a nice place to live?
Bexleyheath is generally considered a nice place to live, with good transport links and a range of amenities.
What zone is Bexleyheath in?
Bexleyheath is in Zone 5 of the London transport system.
Does Bexleyheath come under London?
While Bexleyheath is technically outside of the city of London, it is still considered part of the Greater London area.