STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Belvedere area guide
Belvedere is a charming and picturesque area located in South East London, within the London Borough of Bexley.
With its rich history, excellent amenities, and strong sense of community, Belvedere has something to offer for everyone, whether you are a homeowner, tenant, or visitor.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Belvedere, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Belvedere
Belvedere has a long and fascinating history that dates back to the Roman times. The area was originally a small rural settlement, but it rapidly developed into a bustling suburb following the arrival of the railway in the 19th century.
During the 20th century, Belvedere continued to grow, attracting residents and retailers alike.
Today, Belvedere is still a highly desirable area, known for its exclusive properties and prestigious addresses.
Education in Belvedere
Belvedere has a range of educational institutions that cater to the needs of students of all ages. The area has several primary schools, including Belvedere Infant School, Belvedere Junior School, and St. Augustine of Canterbury CofE Primary School.
There are also several secondary schools in the area, including Trinity Church of England School and Bexleyheath Academy.
For those looking for higher education, Belvedere is in close proximity to several universities and colleges, including the University of Greenwich and London South East Colleges.
Amenities in Belvedere
Belvedere has a range of amenities that cater to the needs of residents and visitors. There are several parks and green spaces in the area, including Belvedere Recreation Ground, Lesnes Abbey Woods, and Franks Park, which provide opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Belvedere is also known for its independent shops and restaurants, including the popular Nuxley Road and Picardy Street.
Crime and safety in Belvedere
Belvedere is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the national average. However, as with any area, there are some areas that are more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to keep your valuables out of sight and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and letting property in Belvedere
Belvedere is an exclusive area with a range of properties available to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £900 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £1,200 per month.
There are also several houses available for rent, with prices ranging from £1,500 to £2,500 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Belvedere, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to do in Belvedere
Belvedere has a range of activities and attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Lesnes Abbey Woods: Lesnes Abbey Woods is a beautiful park located in Belvedere, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, sports facilities, a café, and a pond. It's the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful afternoon.
- Lesnes Abbey Ruins: Lesnes Abbey Ruins is a fascinating historical site located in Belvedere, offering a glimpse into the area's past. The ruins are the remains of a 12th-century abbey, and visitors can explore the site, learn about its history, and enjoy the beautiful surrounding parkland.
- Belvedere Recreation Ground: Belvedere Recreation Ground is a popular park located in Belvedere, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, sports facilities, and a large open space for picnics and leisure activities.
- Franks Park: Franks Park is a beautiful park located in Belvedere, offering a range of outdoor activities and relaxation opportunities. The park features a playground, sports facilities, and a large open space for picnics and leisure activities.
- The Eardley Arms: The Eardley Arms is a popular and friendly pub, located in Belvedere. The pub offers a range of drinks and traditional pub food, making it a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
- The Belvedere Library: The Belvedere Library is a modern and well-equipped library, located in Belvedere. The library offers a range of services, including book loans, computer access, and events, making it an important part of the local community.
- The Belvedere Community Centre: The Belvedere Community Centre is a popular and friendly community hub, located in Belvedere. The centre offers a range of facilities, including a hall, a café, and a range of classes and activities, making it a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
- The Erith Playhouse: The Erith Playhouse is an innovative and exciting theatre, located near Belvedere. The theatre offers a range of productions, from contemporary plays to classic dramas, making it a popular destination for theatre enthusiasts.
- The Bexleyheath Shopping Centre: The Bexleyheath Shopping Centre is a large and popular shopping centre, located near Belvedere. The shopping centre offers a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a popular destination for shoppers and visitors alike.
Belvedere is an attractive and thriving area in South East London, offering a range of amenities, educational institutions, and leisure activities for homeowners, tenants, and visitors.
With its rich history, strong sense of community, and excellent facilities, Belvedere is an ideal place to live, work, or visit.
Is Belvedere a nice place to live?
Belvedere, located in southeast London, is considered a nice place to live for some people, offering affordable housing, green spaces, and good transport links.
What happened to the Belvedere Holland Park?
Belvedere Holland Park, a restaurant, closed down in 2019 due to the end of its lease and the landlord's decision not to renew it.
What is the county of Belvedere?
Belvedere is situated in the London Borough of Bexley, which is part of Greater London.
Why is Belvedere called Belvedere?
The name "Belvedere" is derived from Italian, meaning "beautiful view" or "panoramic viewpoint."
Is Belvedere a posh area?
Belvedere is not typically considered a posh area, but it offers a mix of residential neighborhoods and local amenities.
Why is Belvedere so popular?
Belvedere's popularity can be attributed to its affordability, good transport links, and access to green spaces, making it an attractive option for families and first-time buyers.