STAY IN THE LOOP
Get the latest landlord news
Belsize Park area guide
Belsize Park is a picturesque and affluent area located in North West London, within the London Borough of Camden. Known for its stunning architecture, excellent transport links, and vibrant community, Belsize Park has much to offer homeowners, tenants, and visitors alike.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about Belsize Park, including its history, education, amenities, and things to do in the area.
History of Belsize Park
Belsize Park has a fascinating history that dates back to the 17th century when it was originally a small rural settlement.
The area underwent significant development during the 19th and 20th centuries, with the construction of elegant housing estates and the arrival of the railway leading to the growth of a thriving urban community.
Today, Belsize Park is a bustling and diverse area, with a range of residential properties, retail outlets, and leisure facilities.
Education in Belsize Park
Belsize Park offers a range of educational institutions catering to students of all ages. The area is home to several primary schools, including Rosary Roman Catholic Primary School, Fitzjohn's Primary School, and Hampstead Parochial Church of England Primary School. There are also several secondary schools in the area, such as Haverstock School, South Hampstead High School, and University College School.
For those seeking higher education, Belsize Park is within easy reach of several universities and colleges, including University College London, London School of Economics and Political Science, and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Amenities in Belsize Park
Belsize Park boasts a range of amenities catering to the needs of residents and visitors. The area is home to several parks and green spaces, including Belsize Park Gardens, Primrose Hill, and Hampstead Heath, providing opportunities for outdoor activities and relaxation.
Belsize Park is also known for its bustling high street, which offers a diverse range of shops, restaurants, and bars.
Crime and Safety in Belsize Park
Belsize Park is generally considered a safe area, with crime rates lower than the London average. However, as with any urban area, some neighbourhoods may be more prone to crime than others.
It is advisable to be cautious and ensure that your home is secure, especially when you are away.
The local police force, the Metropolitan Police Service, is committed to keeping the area safe and works closely with the community to prevent crime.
Renting and Letting Property in Belsize Park
Belsize Park offers a diverse range of properties to suit different budgets and lifestyles. The average rent for a one-bedroom flat in the area is around £1,600 per month, while a two-bedroom flat can cost around £2,200 per month. Houses are also available for rent, with prices ranging from £3,000 to £5,000 per month.
If you're looking to let a property in Belsize Park, it's important to choose a reputable letting agent or property management company to ensure that your property is well-maintained and your tenants are happy.
Things to Do in Belsize Park
Belsize Park has a range of activities and attractions catering to different interests. Here are some of the top things to do in the area:
- Belsize Park Gardens: Belsize Park Gardens is a beautiful and well-maintained park, located in the heart of Belsize Park. The park features a playground, sports facilities, and picturesque gardens, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and families alike.
- Primrose Hill: Primrose Hill is a large and picturesque park, located in Belsize Park. The park offers a range of walking trails, sports facilities, and stunning views of the London skyline, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Hampstead Heath: Hampstead Heath is a vast and picturesque park, located near Belsize Park. The park offers a range of walking trails, sports facilities, and stunning views of the surrounding area, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Everyman Cinema: The Everyman Cinema is a popular and well-regarded independent cinema, located in Belsize Park. The cinema offers a diverse range of films, including mainstream releases, independent films, and foreign language films, providing an excellent opportunity for visitors to enjoy the best in cinematic entertainment.
- The Freud Museum: The Freud Museum is a fascinating and well-regarded museum, located near Belsize Park. The museum offers a range of exhibits and activities designed to explore the life and work of Sigmund Freud, making it a popular destination for those interested in psychology and history.
- Keats House: Keats House is a historic and well-maintained museum, located near Belsize Park. The museum offers guided tours and the opportunity to learn about the life and work of the poet John Keats, making it a popular destination for literature enthusiasts and history buffs.
Belsize Park is a thriving and diverse area in North West London, offering a range of amenities, educational institutions, and leisure activities for homeowners, tenants, and visitors. With its rich history, strong sense of community, and excellent facilities, Belsize Park is an ideal place to live, work, or visit.
Is Belsize Park a nice area?
Belsize Park, tucked away in North London, is a charming area teeming with picturesque streets, chic cafes, and green spaces. Its close proximity to central London coupled with a village-type feel makes it a highly coveted residential neighborhood.
Is Belsize Park an affluent area?
Known for its historic Victorian architecture and upscale boutiques, Belsize Park is an affluent area. Its idyllic setting complete with first-class amenities contributes to its upscale reputation within the London Borough of Camden.
Which famous people live in Belsize Park?
Belsize Park boasts a star-studded residential list. It's home to a host of famous faces that include the likes of Kate Hudson, Jude Law, and Emma Thompson among others.
What is the crime rate in Belsize Park?
Despite being in a bustling city, Belsize Park tends to have a lower crime rate compared to the London average. However, it's always wise to reference official crime statistics for the latest and most accurate data.
Why live in Belsize Park?
Living in Belsize Park means enjoying the peace of residential life juxtaposed with the vibrancy provided by its trendy restaurants, pubs, and shops. Its well-connected transport system and proximity to renowned schools also make it an ideal location for professionals and families alike.
How many people live in Belsize Park?
Check with the last available data, as the population of areas like Belsize Park can fluctuate. At recent estimates, approximately 12,500 residents call Belsize Park home, but for the latest figures, consider referencing official census information.